[Return to main site] 

3dm-flex

Been playing with this resin, what I found was printing dimensionally was easy with correct setting (little shrinkage), the resin is not completely rubbery, has some memory to it but goes back to shape about a few minutes, but very flexible.

I did find my normal cone post supports are not strong enough to hold the part, tired ramping up cone contact point surface area three time without success…

I finally got past this problem by eliminating cone altogether and using cylinder shape at attachment point…

Hi, I recently tried to print circular cap using 3DSR Flexible Resin on Titan2. I used 50 um slice thickness and made supports in CW and used following print parameters.

I tried both large build plate with holes across the plate area and small build plate. Also tried hard resin tank and soft resin tank. Final prints are failed with base layer sticking well for the small build plate and supports of 60 layers stick nicely to the build plate. After that print stuck to the base of the resin tank. Even though I changed exposure time still the same issue.

Could you please suggest correct print parameter settings or any thing else to do for getting successful prints with Flexible resin on Titan 2.

Have any one tried DSR flexible resin into Form 2 under Open MODE? and got success with prints.

A few questions:

1. Was there any difference in the layer at which the print failed between the different tries?
  2. Can you show us the shape of your cap, and in particular, what the cross section looks like around the layer where failure occurs?
  3. When failure occurs, does the model detach from the build plate? or does it get ripped in half with the layers above the breakage point sticking to the vat and the layers below the breaking point adhered to the build plate?

Hi Jkao,

Picture of the part attached here.

1. for 3 times base layer sticks very well to the small build plate, except when I use large build plate. only support heights across the base are different for different tries. 3rd time I can see few layers of initial print model also attached to supports.
  2. I have not taken photos of them, however I can tell you cross section of initial model (convex shape of 2 mm thickness) I can see sticking to the supports on build plate.
  3. base layer plus initial supports are printed and stuck very well to the build plate. When the actual part layers start to print it breaks and rest of the supports on the edges use to print without any issues (thats why I can see supports of random heights on the build plate.

Also does my parts have high vacuum force? I end up replacing Teflon sheets after every print I do, this is something not to happen right?.

Vacuum forces should not be an issue with your part oriented this way. My suspicion is that you may need more exposure time in the zone from layers 20-80, which appears to be around where the part begins to form.

I’d try increasing that and see if that improves the amount which forms.

Also, what XY resolution do you have your printer set at?

Hi Jkao,

I was printing with 50 micrometer XY and Z resolution. I will try running again with higher exposure time for the zone 20-80 layers. and see how it goes.

have you used any software where we can export STL file with supports without manually working on supports and orientation. Like preform software where it automatically does the final print part?