[Return to main site] 

503 error when connecting to bean

I’m getting a 503 error. Tried restarting a few times with up to 5minutes between attempts.

this is seariously bad because it it stuck in home position with resin

Is there a way to reset the pi to clear whatever error is preventing the web interface from appearing?

Are you sure the IP Address of the bean has not changed?

I can ping it and see that ports 22 and 80 are open (not too helpful since I don’t know the pi UN/PW). The server on the pi is what is giving me the 503 error; it isnt an issue with connectivity.

It appears that the pi is up, but something (locked or corrupt file maybe) is preventing the web interface from starting up. Without log access it’s not possible to tell.

Are the log files accessible without opening up the Bean?

Still cannot get Bean back up.

• I ssh’d into the pi using the titan’s login of pi/pi123 and was able to get to a directory listing. I notice that the pi user’s bash history shows the command to start up octoprint, and it gives me a python exception ( see below)

this is starting to feel like a hardware issue. Kudo3D, what should I do next?

pi@kudo3d ~ $ sudo -u root /home/pi/OctoPrint/run --iknowwhatimdoing 

2019-01-07 04:25:05,976 - octoprint.server - INFO - Starting OctoPrint 1.2.0-dev-705-ga34cbc5-dirty (devel branch)
2019-01-07 04:25:05,981 - octoprint.filemanager - INFO - Adding backlog items from local to analysis queue
2019-01-07 04:25:06,125 - octoprint.server - ERROR - Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/OctoPrint/run”, line 22, in
octoprint.main()
File “/home/pi/OctoPrint/src/octoprint/init.py”, line 81, in main
octoprint.run()
File “/home/pi/OctoPrint/src/octoprint/server/init.py”, line 593, in run
printer = Printer(fileManager, analysisQueue, printerProfileManager)
File “/home/pi/OctoPrint/src/octoprint/printer/standard.py”, line 496, in init
if line1.find(“viewsonic”) >=0 :
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’

Hi there,
i’m just wondering if you ever got this error resolved. I am having the same issue as of now

No, I have not. I’ve emailed Kudo support in January and have yet to get a response.

If it is a display issue (hardware), I feel like Kudo should help in diagnosing / replacing the defective part. If it is software, I have yet to find a solution on my own.

My printer has been idle since. A $400 “hey what’s that thing” display piece was not what I had in mind when I supported the development. :frowning:

Perhaps, The reason this error happened is the function ‘settings().get’ returned ‘None’ to ‘line1’.
If you still have this problem, Please try that you add ‘viewsonic’ to 'serial: projector: ’ in ‘/root/.octoprint/config.yaml’. (Not ‘/home/pi/.octoprint/config.yaml’)

Or I think that it is all right because ‘vflag’ is an inheritance of Titan2 and is not used with Bean even if it is commented out.

Like this (in printer/standard.py)
#if line1.find(“viewsonic”) >=0 :
#self.vflag = True

Please don’t forget files backup.