[Return to main site] 

Cant connect multiple Bean printers

Hi

I have two Kudo3D Bean printers , but when connecting them both at the same time , only one is connected .

Could you please help me ?

On the network?
The issue here is probably that they have the same name on the network.
Are they both connected using cable?

KUDO3D may have a way to change the name of one, but until then…
If you can log into your router and check the DHCP service there you should be able to find theeir addresses, and use that directly.
If you can log in there you may also want to set up ‘reservations’, that is, assigning IP addreses permanently. (how this is done depends on the brand and model router)

If you don’t have access to the router, switch off both, then switch on one, and ping kudo3d.local or just kudo3d
You should et a response from an IP address…
Switch off the first and switch on the second printer, and again ping kudo3d.local
You should get a response from a different IP address.

Those two IP addresses should be the ones you need to type into the browser to get access to the two printers.

Some notes;
PING.
This is a command to test network conenctivity and is used in the command shell(cmd.exe)
Start a shell, then type;
ping kudo3d.local

The response whould look like

Pinging kudo3d.local[www.xxx.yyy.zzz] with 32 Btes of data
reply from www.xxx.yyy.zzz bytes=32 time=1mS TTL=64

The www.xxx.yyy.zzz should normally begin with either 192.168. or 10.

The printers should keep the assigned address for as long as they’re powered on, but may lose it and get a new one the next time they’re powered up if they’re left off for an extended period, usually a day or more.

You may need to write 'http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz in the address bar on your browser or you could end up at a search page instead.

Lets hope that Kudo3D comes up with a way to rename a printer as this is a real issue.

I was just typing almost the exact same answer.

As for renaming, you can always ssh to the unit and change the name of the machine in the configuration. It’s probably just as easy to refer to them by ip address. I would go so far as to create dhcp ip address reservations for the two devices so the ip addresses no longer change on a go forward basis, then using http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz becomes a more elegant solution.

Ok , Ill try that .

Thank you guys for your help :slight_smile:

Laura, if you’re responding to the post by Wanda1, don’t bother, that’s a SPAM account, and I flagged the pot as SPAM not long after the post was made.
A big clue is the link they posted, with has a different URL than what is visible.(Just do a mouseover)