[Return to main site] 

Exposure Time optimization - Remove lift operation

I am trying to speed up our optimization process to find the ideal exposure times of novel resins and to find out how much curing in Z direction we can expect. To do so I created an exposure patterns like the one shown below

The way I want to do it is by simply covering the VAT in a small amount of resin and then expose it (the different squares will be exposed for a different amount of time overall). Like this i find what minimal exposure time I need and how much into the z-direction I am curing with each exposure time.

However, for the printing process of that pattern I dont need the print platform to separate from the VAT but I just want the different slices to change without a delay. Does anyone know a way how to trick the software so there is no separation step during the printing? So far I could not put a lower lift height than 1 mm.

Thanks everyone for their help in advance

(For bean or Titan2, not Titan1)
Firstly, please log in on SSH.

The input of minimum lift height is limited to 1mm in ‘/home/pi/OctoPrint/src/octoprint/templates/tabs/printerset.jinja2’.

You should find this line and change ‘min=1’ to ‘min=0’.
“input type=“number” step=“any” min=“1” class=“input-small text-right” data-bind=“value: lift”>”

And If you use Titan2, find this line and change ‘<=’ to ‘<’.
‘if (parseFloat(item[‘lift’]) <= 0) {’
(in ‘/home/pi/OctoPrint/src/octoprint/static/js/app/viewmodels/printerset.js’)

Maybe Slice Thickness should zero it.
Because, at the time of down the platform, this command is sent.
“G1 Z-%f F%g” % (self.lift - self.thickness, self.downspeed)
If lift=0 and thickness=0.05 , ‘Z-%f’ is replaced by ‘Z- -0.05’.
I don’t know how this command is interpreted by Marlin.

Probably I think that 0 lift is possible in this.
but 0 lift is very dangerous. Please be careful.

1 Like