[Return to main site] 

Printing parameters

Will check with our engineer tomorrow

Could you please try again? It should work now.

Please run an autoupdate for revised parameters. As for the leak, please refer to the FAQ on the manual to add silicone seal. Could you send us the slices to check the structure? The piece that came out experienced some vacuum force close to the top during printing.

ok,

How can send you?

serves you a link to Dropbox

Dropbox Link

Here are some comments

1. Please delete layer 0. It is blank and may create a gap for the first layer.
  2. You can increase the exposure time from layer 10-52 to make the supports stronger
  3. Also need to increase the exposure time for layer 53-58 so these layer does not warp and form suction cup.
  4. May need to increase the lifting height for layer 52-66 because the exposed area is larger and the grey resin has a higher adhesion to the film
  5. Layer 226-265 will experience vacuum force by structure. You might want to reorient or put a vent.
  6. Layer 318-367 will experience vacuum force by structure again.

Hi,

Some dudes:

1. Please delete layer 0. It is blank and may create a gap for the first layer. -->ok, i have to rename the rest layers?

2. You can increase the exposure time from layer 10-52 to make the supports stronger. -->ok, but how many time, default exposure is 7 sec? i will increase to 21 sec?

3. Also need to increase the exposure time for layer 53-58 so these layer does not warp and form suction cup.–> Same as 2

4. May need to increase the lifting height for layer 52-66 because the exposed area is larger and the grey resin has a higher adhesion to the film. -->How many 2x? 100 Microns

5. Layer 226-265 will experience vacuum force by structure. You might want to reorient or put a vent.–>ok, put a vent, vertical suppose? to upwards o downwards of piece

6. Layer 318-367 will experience vacuum force by structure again.–>ok, same as 5

I’ll try later… and give feedback.

Please, can you answer.

Thanks

1. No.
  2. That is fine. You can reduce it later if it works fine.
  3. Yes.
  4. lifting height is not layer thickness

What difference there is between lifting height and layer thickness? and

how this parameters influde in print? Layer height, i have clear

auto updated but the parameters still don’t work, it seems i have to change them for every other model and the print is so slow.

and my print just came out skewed, left hand side printed to right hand side and vice versa.
god, this machine is behaving crazy

The parameters depend on the model structure, cross sectional area and resin used. This is the same for all bottom up SLA machines. There is a company using oxygen inhibition to fully eliminate the adhesion between the cured layer and the vat floor. However, there is no way that you can eliminate the vacuum force. The users have to make some judgement about the model orientation, the location, thickness and density of the supports and the vent holes even with the help from most advanced software. For example, if you are going to print a curved pipe using automatic support generation. The software is likely to put supports inside the pipe.
As for the reversed image, you may need to reverse the X or Y when slicing. This depends on the slicer you are using. If you are using the built in SLAcer, there should be no need to do this.

Sorry. We have a mistake in SLAcer. Please check the option “yes” in the “mirror” under “transformation”.
We will make this into default in the next update.

I use the SLAcer and i will check the mirror option now. And as for auto update, there are no visible changes in it.
So therefore no actual changes in the print

I finally got the pieces printed … “What a joy, what a fuss, another pilot dog …”

I attach photos of the print and also of the last file that I printed with the slices

GIVE THANKS TO @Kudo3D_Tech_Support, WITHOUT YOUR COMMENTS AND TIPS I WOULD NEVER HAVE GIVEN WITH THE CORRECT CONFIGURATION

Archivo que mande imprimir

SLices

Thanks for help…

p.d .: If you come to Valencia (Spain), @Kudo3D_Tech_Support, you have a paid lunch …

You are welcome. I really hope to have a vacation visiting Europe!

Grey resin is more difficult to use as it is softer. This resin is good for snap fitting. You learned so fast. Great job!!

I checked the mirror option and it was on “NO” this time and i sliced it in SLAcer but STILL the problem persists. Its printing in opposite direction. What is happening?

When i use the stock parameters the upper part doesnt print at all.
only when i increase the exposure to this setting i get a part but that is in opposite direction. Is this due to the auto update?
@Kudo3D_Tech_Support I hope you reply a bit faster.
Why aren’t your stock parameters working?

The pics arent that clear but the supports are broken which may be due to the mirror effect and the top is opposite as you can see.
I have attached the stl so that you can see.
I dont know what to do now?
logesh ring.stl (2.0 MB)

Could you do a slicing for an asymmetrical model with and without the mirror option checked? Compare these two sets and see if they are different.

This is an asymmetrical model, just now i printed using your beta software(for slicing) and no difference, it still mirrors automatically.
I will select “yes” in mirror now and see how it prints.
@Kudo3D_Tech_Support its frustrating now. already one bottle of cast resin is over without one successful print

Please check yes for the mirror option.