I’ll document what I’m doing so far. I’ve used Slacer to scale up the .stl file, then sliced it again. Since it scaled the thickness too, I went in and deleted “extra” images for the thickness I intended. There is a 3mm base and letters out of the base at a height of 2mm, so 5mm total. So I have 30 images for the base and 20 images for the raised letters.
I was encouraged until I did a dry run and the slices did not project in the correct order. Then, I remembered I had the same issue last year. I was told to pad the slice names with zeros, but that made no difference last year, but I’ll try it again this year. Then, I do the dry run and see if the image order is correct.