[Return to main site] 

Software, RPi Access

Hi,

I wonder where we can access the software that is running on the Pi and/or access the Pi itself. I haven’t seen any information about login data yet and also haven’t seen any Downloads for the software/sources yet.

The software itself seems to be somehow forked from Octoprint which is published under an AGPL license so at least owners of the Titan 2 should have access to the sources.

Thanks for helping

hmm anyone? at least a statement would be great.

Not suggesting you do this unless you are comfortable with potentially screwing up your printer, but you can gain access if you have a linux computer available and aren’t afraid of opening your printer.

1. Important: Disconnect power from the printer before doing anything.
  2. Open the side panel.
  3. Locate the Raspberry Pi. It should be near the front and above the other electronics.
  4. Unscrew the 4 nylon nuts holding the Pi in place.
  5. Gently push the Pi out of the mounting plate until you can access the sd-card on the bottom edge of the Pi. Be careful not to knock any cables loose.
  6. Place the sd-card in a linux computer.
  7. As root, mount the sd-card’s second partition: For example, if your sd-card shows up as /dev/sdb, then type mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt
  8. Run mkpassword -m sha-512 and enter your desired password. Keep the resulting hash.
  9. Back up the file /mnt/etc/shadow in case you screw up.
  10. Edit the file /mnt/etc/shadow and locate the line for the user named pi.
  11. Paste the saved hash in place of the old password hash located between the first and second colons on the pi user’s line.
  12. Save the file. (Optional: Use dd to back up the entire sd-card so you can recover from any software problems/corruption.)
  13. Unmount the sd-card and eject it.
  14. Place the sd-card in Pi and put the Pi back into its proper place.
  15. Reattach the four nylon nuts and close up the printer.

You can now start the printer and ssh to it as the pi user. This user has sudo root access.

Octoprint is written in Python and I believe the changes used in the Titan 2 should be visible directly.